- A small lightweight ear nut works well with the xx-small and x-small ear jacket
- A medium friction ear nut works best for a two layer small and medium ear jacket set
- A large friction ear nut or the large hypoallergenic ear nut included with every purchase works best for ear jacket layers of three or more jackets or for the large and x-large styles.
What's the smallest Ear Jacket I should buy for my Diamond Stud Earrings?
- 1/4 carat up to 1/2 carat* - start with x-small Ear Jacket
- 3/4 carat - start with small Ear Jacket
- 1 carat to 2.5 carat - start with medium Ear Jacket
- 3.0 carats and larger - large Ear Jacket
* a 1/2 carat diamond stud will have a minimal amount of rim with the x-small jacket. If you'd like more space between your stud and the outer rim of the jacket, start with size small.
What's the smallest Ear Jacket I should buy for my Pearl / Gemstone stud earrings?
- 2mm to 3mm - start with xx-small Ear Jacket
- 4mm to 5mm - start with x-small Ear Jacket
- 6mm to 7mm - start with small Ear Jacket
- 8mm to 9mm - start with medium Ear Jacket
- 10mm to 12mm - start with larger Ear Jacket
- 13mm to 14mm - x-large Ear Jacket
Are the Ear Jackets heavy?
No, they are not heavy. I've spent considerable time working on the design and fabrication to give you a light weight earring...even when you stack as many as 5 ear jackets with your stud earring.
I also provide a large hypoallergenic silicone ear nut so the larger sizes stay upright with no drooping on your ears.
How many Ear Jackets can I layer with my stud earrings?
I've designed the ear jackets so you can wear as many as 5 ear jackets (depending on the size of your stud - typically 5mm or smaller) at one time. All orders of multiple ear jackets include a large silicone hypoallergenic ear nut.